Sunday, November 8, 2009

Proposition 71

I'm going to go on record here for saying that I'm very happy that Proposition 71 succeded in this past election. While I see no reason why homosexual partners can't be "married" like heterosexuals at least this allows them the same rights and responsibilities as others. I'm happy for two main reasons. I'm happy that other human beings are being given a modicum of dignity and respect and I'm further happy that religion and state are truly being kept separate in my state. I find anti-gay mentality pretty hateful when you strip aside many people's sugar coatings of "Hate the sin and love the sinner" or "God loves Gays too", etc. And I'm ashamed that there was a time in my life when I spouted similar nonsense. Okay, rant over. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment