Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's a New Year!

Well, life has been busy enough that I haven't been here for a while. There were posters on the Plural Life that I wanted to respond to but ended up not finding the time. It's a little late now so I don't think I'll bother.

On life; I love the Christmas break and the time I get to spend with my grandchildren but I'm definitely ready for school to start back up again! I love being useful but I find myself trodding a fine line between that and being run ragged. I need to work on that. I think it's time for me to get back to my novel and destroy my home town. Some death and destruction should help matters. ;)

On the polygamy issue; I continue to be utterly baffled at the insistence that it is some benign and wonderful institution. There are fewer people in this world who can be happy in a polygamous union than there are intersex individuals (people born with male and female genitalia). Polygamy is foreign and wrong to the female instinct. Granted many men are thrilled with it because it lets them avoid having a true committment to one woman and their children, but that's another matter altogether. The fact is, I fail to comprehend the willingness of men to make women, children, and other men miserable simply so they can indulge their own weak characters. And the women who have been indoctrinated to accept it or who are willing to be mouthpieces for such barbarism also baffle me. How can they betray their own daughters and the rest of their gender like that?

On the LDS faith, I am boggled that so many people and so much money have been sucked into a black hole based, from what I can see, on the promise of as many wives as you want (even other men's wives) and a shot at godhood. As far as I'm concerned, any person with that little respect for the feelings, wants, needs and lives of other humans would make an absolutely LOUSY god. If I believed for a moment that Joseph Smith's con was based on reality, I'd be tempted to kill myself (something which happens far too often thanks to his insane excuse for a self-indulgant religion for men). And I'd sign up for that eternal dissolution too. Who'd want to live with such an evil god and the even more evil people who follow him. Yep, I think people who follow Mormonism are evil. They willingly ignore and overlook the pain and anguish that their church pushes, particularly on women and children, but also on the "inferior" men. They ignore the families divided, the homosexual children outcast and abandoned, the child molesters, abusers and rapists, the wife beaters. They focus on a sugary sweet exterior and ignore the rot within. A little honesty would go a long way in this, or any other, Church. (And don't get me wrong, I see the same in other churches as well -- Mormonism is simply one of the largest and most controlling, however, so it gets a little more notice from me.)

Sigh, WHY are human beings so awful to each other and WHY do they so often cloak it with religion? Oh, and WHY do people who would otherwise be very intelligent fall for it? Why do they embrace it? I simply can't understand it!

2 comments: